Kenyon put his cleat on and said, "ouch, something bit me" he quickly removed the shoe just to see a huge spider crawl out...eeew!! Several months ago he went to put his bike helmet on, found a black widow inside. If this boy doesn't turn into an arachnophobe it will be a miracle! -8/10
Papa's sweet little dog Molly had to be put down. Kenyon called Papa to give him some sympathy. He told Papa he loved him and then went on to say, "It's ok Papa, you can stuff her". He always has the right words to cheer someone up, I'm sure that brought a smile to his face! -4/10
Today Kenyon came home with a very big surprise...a two headed bug!! He was so excited to show Damon that two headed things do exist in this world. He wanted me to take a picture and put it on the internet. I felt the bugs needed their privacy while mating!! -3/09
Shortly after the presidential inauguration Kenyon told his class that he watched Obama swear. I think he meant to say he saw Obama being sworn in. -1/09
Kenyon is our jokester, some of his best ones are, "guess what?" "what?" "Chicken butt!" Another one we often hear is, "guess what?" "what?" "you're stuck with it!" I hate being stuck with it! -1/09
Kenyon said the prayer for our Christmas Eve dinner. We had two guests over, one being a new convert in our ward. Kenyon said a beautiful prayer, in the middle he thanked God for Jesus "that he suffered that bloody painful death". Leave it to Kenyon to be sure to include all the details! -12/08
While driving in the car, Kenyon started asking me questions about morning sickness. He asked if in the beginning of pregnancy if the sickness, "just hits you, like boom". I explained how it comes slowly and goes slowly. After several other detailed questions I asked why he is so interested. He replied, "I just want to know what it feels like to be a women"! -10/08
While looking over Kenyon's homework I noticed he had added some very big words to his vocabulary list. When I approached Kenyon about it he stated, "I want to show off". 10/08
Kenyon came home from school very upset about something that a second grader said to him at recess. I prodded him for information but he would not tell me. Noticing that whatever this little boys said was greatly disturbing Kenyon, I asked him if he could write it down for me. He said it was too embarrassing, but finally retreated into the bathroom with a piece of paper and pencil. After several minutes he said, "OK I'm ready", and slid the piece of paper under the door. The piece of paper said: I heard you have a crush on somebody. Then at the bottom Kenyon wrote: Circle how this would make you feel. He drew three faces, a happy, a straight and a sad. Apparently a little boy thought Kenyon had a crush on Gia, his teacher's daughter and our neighbor. Kenyon really likes her as a friend but his true crush is Hannah!! 10/08
Papa's sweet little dog Molly had to be put down. Kenyon called Papa to give him some sympathy. He told Papa he loved him and then went on to say, "It's ok Papa, you can stuff her". He always has the right words to cheer someone up, I'm sure that brought a smile to his face! -4/10
Today Kenyon came home with a very big surprise...a two headed bug!! He was so excited to show Damon that two headed things do exist in this world. He wanted me to take a picture and put it on the internet. I felt the bugs needed their privacy while mating!! -3/09
Shortly after the presidential inauguration Kenyon told his class that he watched Obama swear. I think he meant to say he saw Obama being sworn in. -1/09
Kenyon is our jokester, some of his best ones are, "guess what?" "what?" "Chicken butt!" Another one we often hear is, "guess what?" "what?" "you're stuck with it!" I hate being stuck with it! -1/09
Kenyon said the prayer for our Christmas Eve dinner. We had two guests over, one being a new convert in our ward. Kenyon said a beautiful prayer, in the middle he thanked God for Jesus "that he suffered that bloody painful death". Leave it to Kenyon to be sure to include all the details! -12/08
While driving in the car, Kenyon started asking me questions about morning sickness. He asked if in the beginning of pregnancy if the sickness, "just hits you, like boom". I explained how it comes slowly and goes slowly. After several other detailed questions I asked why he is so interested. He replied, "I just want to know what it feels like to be a women"! -10/08
While looking over Kenyon's homework I noticed he had added some very big words to his vocabulary list. When I approached Kenyon about it he stated, "I want to show off". 10/08
Kenyon came home from school very upset about something that a second grader said to him at recess. I prodded him for information but he would not tell me. Noticing that whatever this little boys said was greatly disturbing Kenyon, I asked him if he could write it down for me. He said it was too embarrassing, but finally retreated into the bathroom with a piece of paper and pencil. After several minutes he said, "OK I'm ready", and slid the piece of paper under the door. The piece of paper said: I heard you have a crush on somebody. Then at the bottom Kenyon wrote: Circle how this would make you feel. He drew three faces, a happy, a straight and a sad. Apparently a little boy thought Kenyon had a crush on Gia, his teacher's daughter and our neighbor. Kenyon really likes her as a friend but his true crush is Hannah!! 10/08
During a prayer Kenyon said, "Bless that we don't catch the itis Mom has". I just had a cold! 12/07
As Selah was learning to crawl Kenyon was amazed with her persistence and progress. He exclaimed, "Selah is just a miracle.... she's a super baby and a miracle!" 6/07
While Kenyon was arguing with mom he declared, "This family needs a judge!" 1/06
"My tummy hurts, I need hot chocolate"
"Mommy, where my going?"
"Mommy, look at him (baby Damon)!"
"Baby Damon came out"
"Look Mommy, he has a head!" 2003
In prayer, "don't protect the monsters"
2003
"mo funny" (telling Daddy to make his laugh again) 2003
Kenyon makes himself gag and barf at the super market, what a mess! 2003
Some of Kenyon's created words and definitions:
Gong-gong-geeses: Drumming animals on Baby Einsteins
Blood Runners: Veins
Germ Fighters: Immune system
Brussies: Yarn ties on quilts
Damon:
Damon calmly called down the stairs that we need to take Jasper (our bunny) to the vet. When I asked him why, he said that Jasper's nail was bleeding. I went up the stairs and sure enough Jasper's nail was indeed bleeding and hanging off his little paw. I looked at Damon and he had blood on his lips and cheek. When I asked Damon what happened he replied with his usual response, "I don't know". I stated that something happened and he should know considering he had bunny blood all aver his face. He couldn't quite get out the words to explain what happened. Guess I'll never know...probably don't want to know anyways! -12/10
During a rest hymn in Sacrament Meeting I looked over to find Damon crying. I asked what was wrong and he tearfully pointed to his nose and said his gum wrapper was stuck! -8/10
Damon:
Damon calmly called down the stairs that we need to take Jasper (our bunny) to the vet. When I asked him why, he said that Jasper's nail was bleeding. I went up the stairs and sure enough Jasper's nail was indeed bleeding and hanging off his little paw. I looked at Damon and he had blood on his lips and cheek. When I asked Damon what happened he replied with his usual response, "I don't know". I stated that something happened and he should know considering he had bunny blood all aver his face. He couldn't quite get out the words to explain what happened. Guess I'll never know...probably don't want to know anyways! -12/10
During a rest hymn in Sacrament Meeting I looked over to find Damon crying. I asked what was wrong and he tearfully pointed to his nose and said his gum wrapper was stuck! -8/10
A favorite mommy moment: Damon singing "The World is a Rainbow" with his Kindergarten at High Point Elementary. -5/10
As Damon was walking back to our Atlanta Apartment after church I observed how 100% boy he is even all dressed up in his church clothes. He was flying his scriptures high and low making incredible sound effects... he just couldn't be more boy! -5/10
Last week at FHE we talked about the promises made while taking the Sacrament. Yesterday during the sacrament Derek asked Damon if he remembered the promises. Damon said, "yes, we promise not to take two pieces of bread...unless they are stuck together". -3/09
During his soccer game, Damon was caught standing on the field munching on a leaf. I told Damon to put down the leaf and play. He looked confused at the leaf and said, "I thought it was spinach"... then he frolicked back to the heat of the game. I guess he thought he needed a power boost! -9/10
While playing "Go Fish", Damon would draw a card from the fish pile and exclaim, "I drew another people!" Looks like Vegas is not the place for him! -1/09
Damon is Mister inquisitive!! It looks like he's going to have it all figured about before "The Talk". Several months ago he asked me how a baby gets out of a mommy's tummy. He said, "does it just push until your belly hatches open"? Having a doctor in the family means we are very anatomically correct. So I told Damon, "No, a baby comes out of a special hole." Which he replied, "Oh, your belly button!" I feel we need to be straight forward with our kids, but only giving them the information they request. So once again I corrected him by saying, "No, it's a special hole that only Mommy's have". He thought for a minute and then I saw a light bulb turn on and he replied, "Oh, is it your verjina?" Hesitantly I said, "yes Damon". He seemed pleased with his new knowledge and started frolicking away. Then he stopped and turned around with a very disgruntled look on his face and asked, "does it hurt?"! -10/08
Just the other day he asked how we get a baby. I told hem that a mommy and daddy decide together to have a baby. He then replied, "then do the mommy and daddy do something to get one?" I replied, "Yes, Damon, then they pray and Heavenly Father decides if it is time to send a new baby to the family". I figured this four year old already knows more than he needs too. I love you Damon!! -10/08
Damon cried at the barber shop today, he wanted to get a haircut too. The barber who was cutting Kenyon's hair laughed and said he was the first child to cry because he couldn't get his haircut...most cry because they don't want a haircut. She also noted that Kenyon has the thickest hair she has ever seen. -7/08
During the Democratic Primaries, there was a lot of political talk around our household. Kenyon joined the Hillary Clinton supporters for John McCain. During the discussion Damon piped up and stated, "I will vote for God and Jesus!" -4/08
While playing "Go Fish", Damon would draw a card from the fish pile and exclaim, "I drew another people!" Looks like Vegas is not the place for him! -1/09
Damon is Mister inquisitive!! It looks like he's going to have it all figured about before "The Talk". Several months ago he asked me how a baby gets out of a mommy's tummy. He said, "does it just push until your belly hatches open"? Having a doctor in the family means we are very anatomically correct. So I told Damon, "No, a baby comes out of a special hole." Which he replied, "Oh, your belly button!" I feel we need to be straight forward with our kids, but only giving them the information they request. So once again I corrected him by saying, "No, it's a special hole that only Mommy's have". He thought for a minute and then I saw a light bulb turn on and he replied, "Oh, is it your verjina?" Hesitantly I said, "yes Damon". He seemed pleased with his new knowledge and started frolicking away. Then he stopped and turned around with a very disgruntled look on his face and asked, "does it hurt?"! -10/08
Just the other day he asked how we get a baby. I told hem that a mommy and daddy decide together to have a baby. He then replied, "then do the mommy and daddy do something to get one?" I replied, "Yes, Damon, then they pray and Heavenly Father decides if it is time to send a new baby to the family". I figured this four year old already knows more than he needs too. I love you Damon!! -10/08
Damon cried at the barber shop today, he wanted to get a haircut too. The barber who was cutting Kenyon's hair laughed and said he was the first child to cry because he couldn't get his haircut...most cry because they don't want a haircut. She also noted that Kenyon has the thickest hair she has ever seen. -7/08
During the Democratic Primaries, there was a lot of political talk around our household. Kenyon joined the Hillary Clinton supporters for John McCain. During the discussion Damon piped up and stated, "I will vote for God and Jesus!" -4/08
During a nightly prayer Damon said, "Bless all the bees and bumble bees that they won't sting us." -3/07
Damon puts gum up his nose -1/06
Damon calls 911 and exclaims, "I need a fireman, just kidding" then hangs up. -1/06
Damon's first snow, he licks it up like a puppy. -1/06
While fishing, Damon exclaims, "catch Kenyon!" -05
Selah:
Selah goes visiting teaching with me. The house has two stinky dogs. Selah holds her nose, when I try to move her hand as to not create a scene she shouts, "but it stinks in here!" She continues to hold her nose until she falls asleep in my arms. 4/11
We visited the Pennsylvania Farm Show to give Derek an extra glimpse at Central Pennsylvania culture before we move away. The minute we walked into the area with the farm animals Selah plugged her nose. She continued to hold it for the entire hour we were in the animal area. After almost 45 minutes, she asked me, "will you hold it"? 1/11
While clothes shopping for Selah, she called from across the store, "Mom, I found some panties Daddy would like". After several more calls she found me and repeated, "Look Mommy, I found these panties for Daddy". She had a huge grin and was holding up a pair of Size 10 boy's underwear with dogs all over them. 10/10
During Sacrament meeting, Damon hit his head really hard against the pew. It made the loudest noise and a large percentage of the congregation cringed in pain. Selah, however, looked up and then at me and said, "is that Jesus?" 7/10
While clothes shopping for Selah, she called from across the store, "Mom, I found some panties Daddy would like". After several more calls she found me and repeated, "Look Mommy, I found these panties for Daddy". She had a huge grin and was holding up a pair of Size 10 boy's underwear with dogs all over them. 10/10
During Sacrament meeting, Damon hit his head really hard against the pew. It made the loudest noise and a large percentage of the congregation cringed in pain. Selah, however, looked up and then at me and said, "is that Jesus?" 7/10
During Family Home Evening, Selah attempted to say the First Article of Faith all by herself. She said, "We believe in God the Turtle Father", she paused and with a furrowed brow she turned to Derek and said, "Not Turtle Father". We all laughed and needless to say FHE went downhill from there! 4/10
Selah just learned the first lesson of "the differences between boys and girls" the hard way. After watching her older brother pee on a bush she attempted to do it too. Unfortunately, as most girls know, this does not work for us!! After staring down at her wet pants and shoes for a minute, I had to break the news to her that she would have to go all the way inside and use the potty next time. -3/09
Selah definitely has two older brothers as she thinks it is so funny when she toots. However, she has come up with her own word. Several times a day I hear a giggle and then, "I pooted!" Last night at the dinner table, unprovoked, she pointed at Derek and said, "you pooted!" -2/09
Selah is a true central Pennsylvanian, she uses the word "slippy" to describe icy conditions. -1-09
During Christmas Eve dinner, Selah excused herself. A few minutes later she came prancing down the stairs sporting her swimsuit and fancy church shoes. She looked like she was in a beauty contest. What a girl! -12/08
Today when I got home from the YMCA I noticed Selah had a bare hiney under her sun dress. I made a quick call to the Y to find out what happened to her diaper. They called me back laughing, the child care had found a dry diaper on the ground and discovered a piddle puddle in and around their potty. Looks like it might be that time again... *sigh*. -8/08
Nature or Nurture? While shopping at Costco, Selah pleaded with her big blue eyes (and high pitched squeal) for a watermelon. I placed it next to her in the cart and she snuggled it like it was her lovey. -8/08
Little Miss Independent loves nursery!! She runs from Sacrament meeting straight to nursery. Last week she ran in the wrong direction. When Derek tried to point her in the right direction she screamed as high as a dog whistle, letting Daddy know she wanted to go to "she she". -7/08
Selah is often heard "do do-ing" the Star Wars theme song while wielding an air light saber. -7/08
Selah just learned the first lesson of "the differences between boys and girls" the hard way. After watching her older brother pee on a bush she attempted to do it too. Unfortunately, as most girls know, this does not work for us!! After staring down at her wet pants and shoes for a minute, I had to break the news to her that she would have to go all the way inside and use the potty next time. -3/09
Selah definitely has two older brothers as she thinks it is so funny when she toots. However, she has come up with her own word. Several times a day I hear a giggle and then, "I pooted!" Last night at the dinner table, unprovoked, she pointed at Derek and said, "you pooted!" -2/09
Selah is a true central Pennsylvanian, she uses the word "slippy" to describe icy conditions. -1-09
During Christmas Eve dinner, Selah excused herself. A few minutes later she came prancing down the stairs sporting her swimsuit and fancy church shoes. She looked like she was in a beauty contest. What a girl! -12/08
Today when I got home from the YMCA I noticed Selah had a bare hiney under her sun dress. I made a quick call to the Y to find out what happened to her diaper. They called me back laughing, the child care had found a dry diaper on the ground and discovered a piddle puddle in and around their potty. Looks like it might be that time again... *sigh*. -8/08
Nature or Nurture? While shopping at Costco, Selah pleaded with her big blue eyes (and high pitched squeal) for a watermelon. I placed it next to her in the cart and she snuggled it like it was her lovey. -8/08
Little Miss Independent loves nursery!! She runs from Sacrament meeting straight to nursery. Last week she ran in the wrong direction. When Derek tried to point her in the right direction she screamed as high as a dog whistle, letting Daddy know she wanted to go to "she she". -7/08
Selah is often heard "do do-ing" the Star Wars theme song while wielding an air light saber. -7/08
3 comments:
Very Cute! I love these sorts of things! I am so glad you are writing them down! I love having my blog because it gives me a place to write them and share them with others!
Spiders? Hilary's DNA? Yep that would cause a phobia!!! I love the funny quotes you blog.
Very nice post! Intelligent content! Will definitely visit again, thanks!
Brad Fallon
Post a Comment